HVACWARE.COM

Forums > Topics > Reply

armanvmartin@yahoo.com

2 post(s)
posted on 11/11/2007

I have a problem in troubleshooting York Borg Warner heating and airconditioning unit. It is very old and I don't have any wiring diagram to follow. There are seven control wires coming from the thermostat to relay panel and then another bundle of wires from relay panel to outdoor AirCon equipment. Could you please help me in looking for a wiring Diagram?

I read in the relay panel "York Borg/Warner 035-03821C Rev. A4". I would appreciate any given suggestions.

Replies [ post reply ]
garrett.garris@pse.com

27 post(s)
replied on 11/11/2007

I doubt a wiring diag. would help. What is the symptom 

garrett.garris@pse.com

27 post(s)
replied on 11/13/2007

Try setting the cooling temp 5 degrees above the desired heat temp. Some t-stats wont let you have the settings too close together. As for the wires. Not all contractors are consistant with their colors. The terminals RH, R,W, deal with heating. RC, Y deal with cooling. C is a common and B I'm not so sure. I hope that helps. I am a heating man and don't deal with AC.

armanvmartin@yahoo.com

2 post(s)
replied on 11/13/2007

Thanks for the concern Mr. Garret. Here's the situation:

The room temp is 18C. When I set the thermostat to 22C the flame kicks in followed by the fan. When the room reaches 19C the flame goes out and it just maintain 19C all the time. I doubted thermostat is not accurate so I replaced it with digital/programmable honeywell RTH7500 model but the problem is still the same. I checked the relay panel and bypassed the timer relay output contact (orange wire to output contact) then tested the heating operation and works perfect. I'm just in doubt to what I did because when time comes the cooling and heating may run at the same time damaging the equipment. So I really need to verify the wiring diagram to check that the cooling system is not affected. Help please...

armanvmartin@yahoo.com

2 post(s)
replied on 11/14/2007

Thanks a lot Mr. G.

All the comments are property of their posters.
Images, logos, content and data are copyright by HVACWARE.COM. All Rights Reserved.
HVACWARE.COM is not responsible or liability for any content.
CLICK Here for the Old HVACWARE Forum