HVACWARE.COM

Forums > Topics > Reply

Clean64Impala@Yahoo.com

1 post(s)
posted on 11/10/2007

I have a Rheem Corsaire model #FGPJ-10NBRJR with a serial number of EB5D307F389707624.

My airconditioner & heater operate fine when I use them.  My problem is with my thermostat off, the draft blower motor on my heater cycles on & off continuously every minute or so.  It turns on for about 15-20 seconds, then turns off for about a minute, and repeats.  The relay on the circuit board (board model 1012-925A) that I think is "clicking" on the blower motor is the second in from the left (small Siemens relay #9651).  It clicks, the motor starts, it clicks again the motor stops.

Any ideas?  I have a meter and can check themostat switches, etc. but I do not have a diagram to see if the should be open or closed, or what voltage, etc.  I don't want to buy a new board for $100 if it is just a $10 limit switch!

PLEASE help, and thank you in advance!!

Replies [ post reply ]
brian@pacificgas.ca

31 post(s)
replied on 11/11/2007

check to see if you have 24V coming back to w at the furnace or switch (not just turn down) your thermostat to the off position if it has a switch. you could get a feed back if you have a problem with the grounding (electrical) if the board is defective replace it - but to be absolutly sure disconnect the R terminal at the furnace see if the venter comes on -

Clean64Impala@Yahoo.com

1 post(s)
replied on 11/13/2007

Thanks - I'll give that a check and let you know what I find out.

All the comments are property of their posters.
Images, logos, content and data are copyright by HVACWARE.COM. All Rights Reserved.
HVACWARE.COM is not responsible or liability for any content.
CLICK Here for the Old HVACWARE Forum