HVACWARE.COM

Forums > Topics > Reply

konsaln@hotmail.com

0 post(s)
posted on 10/31/2007
I had a problem with York heater, Dimond 80. The repair guy said that the problem is in the gas valve. He replaced it for $589, part and labor. Heater is working now, but I belive this price is excessive. Am I correct?

Replies [ post reply ]
brian@pacificgas.ca

31 post(s)
replied on 11/1/2007

Depending on if it was a two stage - if he came out pass reg hours and what their labour rate is - it is hard to tell without knowing the time he spent and if he serviced the furnace at the same time - also what is the age of the furnace - most are 5 year warranty on parts like this But there are models and makes that only have a 1year warranty on those parts. what is his warranty. - is he a York Dealer? It is hard to determine if this is excessive - if you get good service and if there is a problem will he stand behind his work and parts? If he is good then saving a 100 dollars may not be a good deal. Where we are companys charge from 80.00 up per call or hour - we charge 140.00 per call / hr. but we are quick and we stand behind everything we do for one year even on electrical parts. So if you got heat in a reasonable amount of time I feel you got value. but that is only with the info you gave.  Let us know what else you find out. Brian

All the comments are property of their posters.
Images, logos, content and data are copyright by HVACWARE.COM. All Rights Reserved.
HVACWARE.COM is not responsible or liability for any content.
CLICK Here for the Old HVACWARE Forum