HVACWARE.COM

Forums > Topics > Reply

markd@hotmail.com

0 post(s)
posted on 10/18/2007

Needing to replace a 10 year old Carrier heat pump. The coil shot crap. I have bids from Trane and Lennox dealers. I live in the KC area if that helps with recommendations.

Replies [ post reply ]
brian@pacificgas.ca

31 post(s)
replied on 10/19/2007

I have a question- you are replacing a heat pump that is only 10 years old and you are asking what brand. You should be asking for what contractor. All brands will work if installed properly - the difference is the contractor ask around and look for a number of customers that have one contractor that have units that are 18 years or more. This will tell you that they are servicing them and selling a depenable brand. I have say this countless times - you can have a bad contractor install the best unit made and have nothing but problems, but you could have a good contractor install what we may feel is a questionable brand - and be singing praise. If the brand you choose is a problem who do you call the manufacture - no you call the contractor -so it his relationship with the manufacture that matters - go with the brand that the contractor you feel comfortable with.

All the comments are property of their posters.
Images, logos, content and data are copyright by HVACWARE.COM. All Rights Reserved.
HVACWARE.COM is not responsible or liability for any content.
CLICK Here for the Old HVACWARE Forum