HVACWARE.COM

Forums > Topics > Reply

ggrosz@cascadeaccess.com

0 post(s)
posted on 7/11/2007
I live near Portland OR and the choices seem to boil down to Trane, Coleman Echelon, Carrier, Intertherm. If I want to get a Coleman rebate the vendor would have to have the paperwork in by July 15 to Coleman, but it is not as simple as that...... One dealer pushed Coleman Echelon, saying I could get $500 rebate on a Coleman offer that expired on June 30 with paperwork due by July 15. First of all, I'm suspicious of getting the rebate under those conditions, and secondly I'm not sure that the Echelon is worth the price even with a $500 rebate. This vendor is a large one in Portland. Another dealer, nearby in my little town, also carries Coleman, but claims that the Coleman Echelon heat pumps are over-priced and not as good as other ones he carries. This man also has been in business many years and I respect that he won't turn in false paperwork in order to get my $500 rebate. He also said that since the Echelon is over-priced, in his opinion, that he could probably give me as good a bid with other manufacturers. The crunch is that this company can't come to my house to give a bid until after July 15, which is when the rebate paperwork would be due according to the first contractor. I'd like some expert advice regarding the quality of the Coleman Echelon compared to other manufacturers, and which ones you recommend or have good experience with. Thanks, Greg

Replies [ post reply ]
cplangelo@yahoo.com

7 post(s)
replied on 7/19/2007

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR CONCERN, I'M A CONTRACTOR IN S.C.
THERE ARE NUMEROUS BRANDS OF EQUIPMENT INSTALLED AROUND THE 
CHARLESTON AND SURROUNDING AREA'S. I SERVICE ALL MAKES AND BRANDS.
IF A UNIT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED IN MY HOME, IT WOULD BE
CARRIER PRODUCTS ( CARRIER, PAYNE,HEIL, COMFORTMAKER, COMFORTAIR
AND BRYANT) OR GOODMAN PRODUCTS ( JANITROL, GMC, AMANA).
I HAVE FOUND LESS FAILURE RATE BY FAR ON THIS EQUIPMENT
PROVIDING PROPER INSTALLATION AND YEARLY CLEANINGS.
HAS A HIGH FAILURE RATE ON CONDENSOR AND EVAP COILS HERE.
TRANE IS OVER PRICED.... I HOPE THIS HELPS IN YOUR
DECISION MAKING.

All the comments are property of their posters.
Images, logos, content and data are copyright by HVACWARE.COM. All Rights Reserved.
HVACWARE.COM is not responsible or liability for any content.
CLICK Here for the Old HVACWARE Forum